Reviews and Musings From A Reading Life.

Sunday, February 21, 2016

I grew up with Nancy Drew and I loved her! Nancy could do anything. She had a flat tire, no problem, Nancy changed it. A giant tree fell across the road blocking it? Not to worry because Nancy  found a way around it. I loved reading about her and her sleuthing adventures. I especially like the original version of the books with the Russell Tandy illustrations.. Although the original 1930's books are no longer "politically correct" I loved it that she drove a roadster, wore frocks and had chums. By the time I was in fourth grade, I had read all of the books more than once. When I was sick, my mother would read them to me. I love that memory. Nancy was a great role model for young women even though I didn't know what that was at the time. Nancy will always hold a special place in my heart.



The Secret of The Old Clock was the first title published in 1930. I have this edition and it has been fun to re-read it.

Origndtsotoc.jpg

Juvenile Fiction
Grade: A
Love the nostalgic value.

  https://llibrarygirlsguidetobooks.com/